JERRY L. MINSHALL
Name: Jerry Lee Minshall
Hometown: Kirksville, Missouri
Above Left: Jan, my bride - Florence, Italy - May 2001
Some Favorite Books: "COUNTDOWN 1945" by Chris Wallace w/ Mitch Weiss; "The Soul Of America: The Battle For Our Better Angels" by Jon Meacham; "When Character Was King: A Story Of Ronald Reagan" by Peggy Noonan; "Harry Truman's Excellent Adventure" by Matthew Algeo; "Super" by Jim Lehrer; "FDR's Funeral Train" by Robert Karo; "Coup" by Keel Hunt
My Favorite Records (today): "The House That Built Me" by Miranda Lambert; "Same Auld Lang Syne" by Dan Fogelberg
Songs for the road
- "The Song Is You" by Tommy Dorsey Orchestra, w/ Frank Sinatra
- "I Can't Help It If I'm Still In Love With You" by Linda Ronstadt w/ Emmylou Harris
- "The Blues Man" by Hank Williams, Jr.
- "The Homecoming" by Tom Tom T. Hall
- "Serenade of the Bells" by Jo Stafford
- "(C'est la vie) You Never Can Tell"
by Emmylou Harris
- "Nothing to Remember" by Joey Martin Feek
SoME OF MY FAVORITE MOVIES
- SEVEN DAYS IN MAY
(Kirk Douglas, Burt Lancaster, Fredric March, Ava Gardner)
- DR. ZHIVAGO (Omar Sharif, Julie Christie, Geraldine Chaplin)
- HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER (Sean Connery, Alec Baldwin, Scott Glenn, Sam Neill, Fred Dalton Thompson)
- CRIMSON TIDE (Denzel Washington, Gene Hackman, Jason Robards)
- CAPTAIN CORELLI'S MANDOLIN (Nicholas Cage, Penelope Cruz, John Hurt)
- ALL THE PRESIDENT'S MEN (Robert Redford, Dustin Hoffman, Jason Robards, Hal Holbrook)
- THE END OF THE AFFAIR (Ralph Fiennes, Julianne Moore)
- --and I hope I don't have to turn in my 'man card' for this (ha!),
but I love,
SOUND OF MUSIC (Julie Andrews, Christopher Plummer)
My Photo Album
I get older...Jan gets younger.
On Bill and Donna's big boat...
Jerry: Drugstore Cowboy
Jan and me at daughter Gigi’s wedding - Nov, 2000